Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Your Unfailing Love Will Last Forever


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Your
Unfailing Love
Will Last Forever

God wants our marriage to be a reflection of the Gospel. He wants our marriage to be an example of His unfailing love. He wants us to keep our marriage promise!

Scripture

Psalm 89

I will sing of the Lord’s unfailing love forever!
    Young and old will hear of your faithfulness.
Your unfailing love will last forever.
    Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens.


33 But I will never stop loving him
    nor fail to keep my promise to him.


Observation

Promises! 

In marriage “I love you” really means: “I promise to be there for you all of my days.” It is a promise that says, “I will be there when you lose your job, your health, your parents, your looks, your confidence, your friends. 

It is a promise that tells your partner, I’ll build you up; I will overlook your weaknesses; I’ll forgive your mistakes; I’ll put your needs above my own; I’ll stick by you when the going gets tough.” 

This kind of assurance will hold you steady through all of life’s ups and downs, through all the “better or worse” conditions. 

I Eddy, in the presence of God, our family and friends, take you Kathy, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity. 

God wants our marriage to be a reflection of the Gospel. He wants our marriage to be an example of His unfailing love. 

He wants us to keep our marriage promise!

You and I will break promises, but lets not break the promise that we made to our spouse and to our God when we said, “I do” or when we said, “I will”. 

If you are now divorced and your ex has remarried or maybe you have remarried then I know that getting back with your husband or wife would not be possible, but if you are both available why not work and fight to win him or her back while you still can? 

With unfailing love, with God’s love anything is possible!

Application

I will continue to try to help couples strengthen their marriages. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I hurt with the couples that I know who are going through difficult marriage situations. The enemy has attacked their marriages and he seems to be winning. I pray for them right now. You know exactly whom I am thinking of as I write this blog. Help them to keep their marriage covenant with You and their spouse. Don’t let them give in to divorce. Don’t let them give in to adultery. Protect them as they work on getting their marriages back together. Don’t let them give up.


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 17,18,19; Revelation 7: Psalms 6-10; Psalm 89


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: