Saturday, September 22, 2018

Don't Be Afraid! From Now On You'll Be Fishing For People.


Don't Be Afraid!
From Now On
You'll Be Fishing For People.
Scripture
Luke 5
4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”
5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” 
6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! 7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.
8 When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m such a sinful man.” 
9 For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. 10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed.
Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” 11 And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.
Observation
This may be the last blog you see from me for an entire week.
I leave in the morning for North Carolina with a Disaster Relief Team from our church. Please pray for us this week.
We will be staying and working out of a Baptist Church in Whiteville, NC. Just getting to Whiteville may be a challenge for us with all the road closures.
As we help flood victims during the week verse 10 of Luke 5 will be on my mind.
Jesus has called us to minister to both the physical and the spiritual needs of those we will help. He wants us to fish for people!
If we have wifi and I am able to get on line then I will give updates on the blogs that I am able to write.
If you don't hear from me or see me on Facebook then you will know that an internet connection was not available!
Application
I will share my faith every chance I get as we go out to help those devastated by Hurricane Florence.
Please keep us in your prayers!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give our team opportunities to share our faith this week. We pray for hearts that will be open to the Gospel. Help us make a difference in the lives of those we help. I pray for each member of the team. I pray that each of us goes with a heart that is right with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 9,10; Psalms 123; Luke 5

No comments: