Thursday, September 20, 2018

I Am Counting On The Lord; Yes, I Am Counting On Him. I Have Put My Hope In His Word.


I Am Counting On The Lord;
Yes, I Am Counting On Him.
I Have Put My Hope In His Word.
Scripture
Psalm 130
1 From the depths of despair, O Lord,
    I call for your help.

2 Hear my cry, O Lord.
    Pay attention to my prayer.

3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?

4 But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.

5 I am counting on the Lord;
    yes, I am counting on him.
    I have put my hope in his word.

6 I long for the Lord
    more than sentries long for the dawn,
    yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.

Observation
Who are you counting on?
If we are counting on someone, it doesn't matter if it is our spouse, a significant other, or for that matter anybody else, to meet our deepest needs, I can tell you right now that you and I will be frustrated and deeply disappointed.
I love Kathy more than anything in the world. She is the best! But I can't, I am not capable, I can't even come close, to meeting all of her needs. There are so many needs in her life that only God can meet.
That is why right now, while I am spending time in God's Word and talking with Him, and writing this blog, Kathy is doing the same thing.
Often Kathy will walk in and share with me things that the Lord has shown her during her quiet time and I am amazed at what God is teaching her.
I am very proud of Kathy and her commitment to spend time every day with the Lord, and when I think about it ... it makes me smile!
I am so impressed at what God is doing in the life of my wife!
Who are you counting on?
Application
I am counting on the Lord. I am putting my hope in His Word.
How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I will pray these verses from Psalm 130 back to You this morning,
From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer. Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you. I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.”
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 5,6; Psalms 130; Luke 3

No comments: