Friday, September 14, 2018

The Lord Is Close To The Brokenhearted


The Lord
Is Close
To The Brokenhearted;
Scripture
Psalm 34
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Observation
Kathy and I grieve for women that we know who are married to jerks – yes, you heard me – real jerks.
Kathy and I both know of course, these women are not perfect either, but they don't deserve the treatment that they are receiving from their husbands.
Psalm 34:18 is a warning to all men out there who are mistreating their wives and it is a promise to all of the wives who are brokenhearted.
Look out jerks … the Lord is close to the brokenhearted!
Mistreat your spouse and do you think you can get away with it, oh no … those vows that you made when you married him or her were made both to each other and they were made by you to your Creator.
Marriage was God's idea and He wants it done right.
So what do you do if you find yourself married to a jerk? Okay, let me share a few thoughts with you.
Love him or her in spite of their meanness. Pray for them and ask God to change them. Pray and ask God to change you too. They will try to put all the blame for their bad behavior on you … don't let them do that. Stay in God's Word. Stay active in church and make sure that you are part of a small group where you can get support and be held accountable.
And remember that God loves that jerk and so do you. And that jerk will make a great husband or a great wife when they get things right with God and when they right with you.
Never give up!
By the way, I hope a few jerks are reading this blog … if you are listen up … you are in a very dangerous place … turn back to God … turn back and love and cherish your spouse again.
It is not too late to save your marriage ... if you act right now.
1 Peter 3
7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.
Ephesians 5
25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word. 
27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. 
28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.
Application
I will never give up on trying to help couples to have a great marriage like Kathy and I have. Never!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I hear stories about the way wives are being treated by their husbands it makes me angry. I feel helpless. But I am not helpless because I have a father-son relationship You and with You nothing is impossible. So when I pray for them I know that I am doing just what they need for me to do. I know that You are the only one who can change these jerks into the godly men that their wives need for them to be. Give these women strength that comes from a close walk with You. Show them that they can depend on you during this time when they can't depend on their husbands. Change hard hearts, Lord. And please change them soon.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 36,37; Psalms 110; Revelation 19: I added Psalm 34, Psalm 64, Psalm 114, Proverbs 14

No comments: