Saturday, September 01, 2018

O Lord, I Am Calling To You. Please Hurry!


O Lord,
I Am Calling To You.
Please Hurry!
Scripture
Psalm 70
5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
      please hurry to my aid, O God.
   You are my helper and my savior;
      O Lord, do not delay.
Psalm 141
O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry!
    Listen when I cry to you for help!
Accept my prayer as incense offered to you,
    and my upraised hands as an evening offering.
Take control of what I say, O Lord,
    and guard my lips.
Don’t let me drift toward evil
    or take part in acts of wickedness.
Don’t let me share in the delicacies
    of those who do wrong.
Observation
Reading Ezekiel this morning I found a people that had turned their backs on God. They had turned to idols and Israel had prostituted itself with the surrounding nations. They had even gone as far as offering their own children as human sacrifices to the gods of the surrounding nations. God was speaking through His prophet about how He would punish and destroy them for their unfaithfulness.
David, in contrast to what we find in Ezekiel, is hungry for God. He humbly comes to God and cries out for his help. He is an example for us today.
Do we hunger for God? Did we get up this morning thinking about God? Were we thinking about God before we even got out of the bed? Were we thinking about God when we went to bed and were our last thoughts before falling a sleep about Him?
King David had a very close personal relationship with God. He was a man after God’s own heart! {1 Samuel 13:14}
There were many times in David’s life when he was desperate, when he was in big trouble, when his life was in real danger.
Maybe you are having a King David, big trouble moment right now!
If we are living godly lives (which means striving to live our lives in obedience to what God says in His Word) then crying out to our Heavenly Father when we are in a crisis is exactly the normal thing for us to do.
Just as our children when they are scared cry out to us knowing that we will hurry to their rescue, our Heavenly Father wants us to do the same thing.
He wants us to cry out to Him.
...
Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.” Psalm 86:3
You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him.” Psalm 4:3
The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17
Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” Psalm 50:15
Application
I will not hesitate to call on the Lord when I am in trouble.
I will pray first!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, but as for me, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid. You are my helper and my savior; O Lord, do not delay. O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help!  Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering. Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips. Don’t let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong. (Parts of Psalm 70 and Psalm 141 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6; ... I added Psalm 141





















No comments: