Thursday, September 13, 2018

There Will Be Showers Of Blessing


There
Will Be
Showers Of Blessing.
Scripture
Ezekiel 34
26 I will bless my people and their homes around my holy hill. And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. There will be showers of blessing.
Observation
As I read in Ezekiel this morning and I came upon this verse in Ezekiel 34 immediately I remembered the old Hymn, “There will be showers of blessings”.
The last verse of that great old hymn goes like this (and I only know because I googled it a few minutes ago!): “There shall be showers of blessing, If we but trust and obey; There shall be seasons refreshing, If we let God have His way.”
'If we let God have His way', that my friend, is the key to living a victorious and blessed life.
If you read through the Old Testament and if you read through the New Testament you will find promise after promise that God had made to us. He wants to shower us with blessing.
BUT … you and I have to trust and obey. You and I have to let God have His way.
It is His way, not our way, if we want God to bless us!
What needs to change in our lives for the showers of blessing to begin?
Let's talk to Him!
Application
I will let God have His way in my life today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to live in a way that pleases You. I want to receive showers of blessings. I want to walk in obedience. Keep me away from stupid sins that hurt my walk with You and mess up my life with those around me. Help me to put Proverbs 3:5-6 into practice today. 'Help me to trust you will all my heart. Help me not to depend on my own understanding. Help me to seek Your will in all I do. Show me which path I need to take'.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 33,34,35; Revelation 18

No comments: