Saturday, September 08, 2018

But I Confess My Sins; I Am Deeply Sorry For What I Have Done.


But I Confess My Sins;
I Am
Deeply Sorry For What I Have Done.
Scripture
Psalm 38
18 But I confess my sins;
    I am deeply sorry for what I have done.

Observation
Every single one of us is a sinner … forgiveness … God's forgiveness, may be the only difference between you and someone else.
Let me ask you a very personal question, “If you were to die today where would you spend Eternity?”
If your answer to that question is, “I don't know” or your answer is, “Well I hope in Heaven”, then you, my friend, have probably never experienced God's forgiveness.
King David was a sinner. David committed adultery with Bathsheba and then he had her husband murdered to try cover up his sin. Murder and adultery - both horrible sins, but God forgave King David – why did God forgive him – because David repented of his sins and he turned back to God.
So what does it mean to repent?
Let me give you just one example:
Lets say a guy is cheating on his wife, he is committing adultery and he feels bad about it because he knows that what he is doing isn't right, but he continues to commit adultery, that is sorrow without repentance.
On the other hand, if this same guy who is committing adultery, suddenly realizes that what he is doing is a sin against God. And he sees that it is destroying his marriage and so he turns back to God, asking God to forgive him of this horrible sin, and he also breaks off the adulterous relationship … that is true repentance.
So let me ask … are you experiencing God's forgiveness?
Isn't it time to repent?
Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
James 5:19-20
 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
Application
I am a sinner. I know that I am capable of any sin that I see someone else committing. I know that I need to repent and ask God to forgive me each and every time I sin. I will also do my best to help a brother or sister in Christ who has wandered from the truth and who are involved in sin to repent and come back to God.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it breaks my heart to see someone caught up in sin, unwilling to repent and unwilling to stop what they are doing. Your Word plainly spells out their future. I know that if they do not repent that they are on the road to destruction. So Lord, I pray for them. Help them to see that what they are doing is clearly wrong. Show them what will happen if they do not repent. Don't let them continue in this sin. Help them to live godly lives. Bring strong conviction to my life each and every time that I sin so that I immediately confess the sin and restore my relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 42,43,44; Psalms 48; Revelation 13; I added: Psalm 8, Psalm 38; Proverbs 8



No comments: