Monday, September 10, 2018

Great Is His Faithfulness; His Mercies Begin Afresh Each Morning.


Great Is His Faithfulness;
His
Mercies Begin Afresh Each Morning.
Scripture
Lamentations 3
22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.

23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.

24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
    to those who search for him.
Observation

Today is Monday. It is the start of a new week.
Lamentations 3:22-25 reminds me that God gives me the opportunity to start over, “His mercies begin afresh each morning.” Maybe last week was not one of our best … maybe we blew it. Maybe we lived more for ourselves than we did for Him.
Well, this morning we were fortunate enough to wake up, and God has given us another opportunity to put Him first. He has given us another day to live for Him.
Check out this quote from Max Lucado's book, “Anxious For Nothing”,
Don't drown in the bilge of your own condemnation. There is a reason the windshield is larger than the rearview mirror. Your future matters more than your past. God's grace is greater than your sin. What you did was not good. But your God is good. And He will forgive you. He is ready to write a new chapter in your life. Say with Paul, 'Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us'”.
So today is a new day. Today, God is ready to write a new chapter in our lives.
Let's talk to Him. Let's put Him first!
Application
I will forget the past and I will look forward to what lies ahead.
How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your faithful love never ends! Your mercies never cease. Great is Your faithfulness; Your mercies begin afresh each morning. You are my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in You! You are good to those who depend on You, to those who search for You. So I will forget the past and I will look forward to what lies ahead, I will strain to reach the end of the race and I will receive the prize for which You are calling me! (Lamentations 3:22-25; Philippians 3:13-14 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 3,4,5; Revelation 15

No comments: