Wednesday, September 12, 2018

If We Are Thrown Into The Blazing Furnace, The God Whom We Serve Is Able To Save Us. He Will Rescue Us From Your Power, Your Majesty.


If We Are Thrown Into The Blazing Furnace,
The God Whom We Serve Is Able To Save Us.
He Will Rescue Us From Your Power, Your Majesty.
Scripture
Daniel 3
14 Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that you refuse to serve my gods or to worship the gold statue I have set up? 15 I will give you one more chance to bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?”
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”
Observation
And then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego said this, “But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”
The faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and Daniel is amazing! We are probably not going to be thrown into a fiery furnace, or get thrown into a lion's den, but my faith and your faith will be tested.
What if God does not heal me, or what if God does not heal my spouse or heal my child? What if our home is destroyed by the storm? What if I don't get that job? What if I lose my job? What if … What if … What if!
Maybe your faith is being tested right now. What if God doesn't come through like we want Him to? What if? What if? What if?
Let me make a suggestion. Let's change our “what if” to “even if” ... just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego did!
I love what the prophet Habakkuk says in Habakkuk 3:17-18, “Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and there is neither blossom left nor fruit; though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord ...”
Philippians 4
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 
Application
I will trust the Lord with all of my heart, no matter what!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for those whose faith is being tested right now. I pray for a husband who has a very sick wife. Increase his faith! I pray for those going through a difficult time financially. I pray for those who are having trouble in a relationship. Help all of these that are on my heart to walk by faith. And help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Give me the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Give me faith like Daniel and faith like Habakkuk! Give me the faith to change everyone of my 'what ifs' to 'even if' so I can make You smile!
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 3,4; Psalms 81; Revelation 17

No comments: