Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Keep Your Servant From Deliberate Sins! Don't Let Them Control Me.


Keep Your Servant
From Deliberate Sins!
Don't Let Them Control Me.
Scripture
Psalm 19
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Observation
Here is what I have noticed and I hope you have too, when sin controls my life, I try to blame everybody else for my bad behavior, everybody around me gets thrown under the bus, especially my spouse!
Don't act shocked, it happens in your life too! And it is ridiculous!
For example we could hear someone say, “It is your fault that I am yelling; it is your fault that I am mean and hateful.” Or one might hear, when a husband or wife is unfaithful in their relationship to the other, “It is your fault that I am committing adultery”.
Everybody gets thrown under the bus. All of us have felt the pain of getting thrown under the bus by someone else! The guilty party wants to put the guilt on everybody else … except on themselves.
Remember this, “Sin will take us farther than we want to go, keep us longer than we want to stay, and cost us more than we want to pay. –”
King David was crying out to God for help to keep him from deliberate sins! You and I need to do the same thing!
Our enemy Satan knows where we are weak. He knows what sins are especially attractive to us and he tempts us to take the bait.
What we thought was so appealing, what we thought was so attractive now has taken control of us … and it is not pretty!
If we find ourselves under the control of a particular sin, we don't have to stay under its control – we can cry out to God, we can turn away from the sin, we can turn to Him, and we can ask God to forgive us of the sin.
And then we must ask those who we have hurt, especially our spouse, to forgive us too.
Psalm 51:10&17
 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
    Renew a loyal spirit within me.

The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
    You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Application
When I sin I will accept responsibility for my sin and not try to put the blame on someone else. Plus, I know that Kathy is not going to let me put the blame of my bad behavior on her!
How about you? Man up ... or will you continue to try to put the blame on someone else?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 47,48; Luke 2; I added: Psalm 19, Psalm 39, Proverbs 19

No comments: