Sunday, September 09, 2018

You Know What I Am Going To Say Even Before I Say It, Lord.


You Know
What I Am Going To Say
Even Before I Say It, Lord.
Scripture
Psalm 139
4 You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
Observation
Kathy almost knows what I am going to say even before I say it … almost! And after almost 49 years of living with me she can read my mind … at least most of the time!
But the Lord knows what I am going to say next week, next month, and even ten years from now! And yet He still loves me! It is amazing isn't it?
Psalm 139 is one of my favorite Psalms. It is a reminder to me each and every time that I read it just how much God loves me!
The Psalmist especially reminds me of God's love for me when He says this: “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”
Maybe you woke up this morning bummed out and feeling a bit unloved. Maybe you need to be reminded today just how much God loves you!
Take a moment and read Psalm 139! It will only take you a minute or two to read it!
Application
I will pray Psalm 139:23-24 back to God.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, this is my prayer to You this morning: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
I pray for anyone that may read this blog today. Don't let anything stop them from being in church today. Maybe they haven't gone in years, Lord, give them the courage to start back today!
Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 1,2; Obadiah; Revelation 14; I added: Psalm 9, Psalm 139, Proverbs 9

No comments: