Friday, September 21, 2018

Mary, Sat At The Lord's Feet, Listening To What He Taught.


Mary, Sat At The Lord's Feet,
Listening
To What He Taught.
Scripture
Luke 10
38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 
39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 
40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details!
42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Observation
People are crazy busy … life is definitely flying by!
In the midst of all of our busyness, in the middle of all of our craziness, and on top of all of life's daily drama, God wants us to stop, take time to open up His Word and spend time with Him – yes, every crazy, busy, drama filled day!
Martha was too busy to sit at Jesus' feet.
Mary, Martha's sister, could have been just as busy as her sister but she made a decision, a decision to stop and focus her attention on Jesus.
Every day is a test for both of us. Every day you and I have a choice.
Do we start, what will undoubtedly be a busy and probably crazy day, by first stopping and spending time with Jesus, or will we be like Martha, and totally miss out on what was most important in our day!
Having a busy schedule is a poor excuse ... NO … let me re-phrase that, having a busy schedule is NO EXCUSE, for us not spending time with God and for us not opening up His Word on a daily basis.
You and I always seem to make time to do the things we want to do.
Let's make the decision today to put God first! Let's make time alone with God our number one priority!
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
Mark 1:35
Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.
Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
Matthew 6:33
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Application
I will be in God's Word everyday –
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to always have the desire to spend time with You as I start out my day. Help me to pray first. I realize that I am no different than anyone else. It is real easy for me to think about everything that I have to do or think that I need to do during the day and get sidetracked away from what is most important. Help me today to stay in touch with You all day long. Direct my steps. Help me to make You smile!
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 7,8; Psalms 137; Luke 4; I Added: Luke 10; Proverbs 21

No comments: