Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Lord Always Keeps His Promises.


The Lord
Always
Keeps His Promises.
Scripture
Psalm 145
The Lord always keeps his promises;
he is gracious in all he does.

14 The Lord helps the fallen
and lifts those bent beneath their loads.

15 The eyes of all look to you in hope;
you give them their food as they need it.

Observation
It is easy to make promises. It is not easy to keep them. For instance, how are we doing keeping our wedding vows?
Guys, remember when you promised this on the day you got married:
I promise to love and respect you. I promise to be honest with you always. I will stand by you through whatever may come? I will make whatever adjustments are necessary so that I can genuinely share my life with you. I will live a godly life and I will also promise God to love you with all your heart?
In the presence of God, our family and friends, I take you to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity.”
Men, we need to man up and we keep the promises that we have made to our wives! God always keeps His promises. We need to keep ours too!
Man Up!
Proverbs 5
18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
    Rejoice in the wife of your youth.

19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
    Let her breasts satisfy you always.
    May you always be captivated by her love.

20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman,
    or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman?

21 For the Lord sees clearly what a man does,
    examining every path he takes.

Application
I will keep my wedding vows.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for guys right now that I know who have decided to break the vows that they made on their wedding day. Help them to repent and help them get back to a right relationship with You and a right relationship with their wives. Give them the courage to return to the wife of their youth. Bless them as they make the decision to put You first and to put their wife second. Help them to get their priorities right.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 38,39; Psalms 145; Revelation 20
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


No comments: