Monday, December 10, 2018

All Scripture Is Inspired By God And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.


All Scripture Is Inspired By God
And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True
And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.
Scripture
2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
Observation
The Bible is the only book that is inspired by God. It is useful to teach us what is true.
Reading God's Word on a daily basis helps us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and it teaches us to do what is right.
Someone once said, “We read the Bible and then it reads us!”
But it will not do any of us any good if it is sitting on a table or stuffed in a drawer somewhere going unread!
Here are some other good quotes about the Bible:
The Word of God I think of as a straight edge, which shows up our own crookedness. We can’t really tell how crooked our thinking is until we line it up with the straight edge of Scripture.” -Elisabeth Elliot; …
The Bible is the book of my life. It's the book I live with, the book I live by, the book I want to die by.” -N. T. Wright …
I’ve read the last page of the Bible, it’s all going to turn out alright.” -Billy Graham …
Don't fall into the trap of studying the Bible without doing what it says.” -Francis Chan
One of my favorite quotes about the Bible is the one that I have written in the cover of my study Bible and it was made by Pastor Rapley Armstrong:
This Book will keep you from sin … and sin will keep you from this Book.”
Application

I will read God's Word every day.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank You for giving me Your Word. Help me to be in Your Word every day. Don't ever let me go a day without opening up and reading Your Word.
I pray for those who are trying to read the Bible everyday. Help them to be successful. Don't let them give up. Show them all of the riches that You have for them as they read it. It is so powerful. I am amazed that I never grow tired of reading Your Word. It is new and fresh every morning!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Timothy 1,2,3,4

No comments: