Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Be Kind To Each Other, Tenderhearted, Forgiving One Another, Just As God Through Christ Has Forgiven You.


Be Kind To Each Other,
Tenderhearted, Forgiving One Another,
Just As God Through Christ Has Forgiven You.
Scripture
Ephesians 4
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Observation
Kathy and I have been married now going on 50 years. You would think wouldn't you that we would have things figured out by now where we didn't hurt each others feelings … but nope … I still seem to figure out ways to hurt the one that I love the most.
Don't act surprised … if you were honest you would tell me that you do the same thing.
You and I are both sinners. Sinners are selfish. Therein lies our problem.
And because we are all sinners we are constantly in need of either forgiving someone else or asking someone to forgive us.
Are you holding a grudge? Are you refusing to forgive someone?
How stupid is that … let's put Ephesians 4:32 into practice and enjoy life!
Application

I will try to forgive quickly and apologize quickly.
How about you? Is there someone you are refusing to forgive?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I am selfish. Help me to put the needs of others above my own. Help me to ask for forgiveness when I mess up, when I selfishly demand my own way. Help me to be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving others, just as You through Christ have forgiven me.
Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 1,2,3,4

No comments: