Monday, December 03, 2018

I Commend To You Our Sister Phoebe, Who Is A Deacon In The Church In Cenchrea.


I Commend To You Our Sister Phoebe,
Who Is A Deacon
In The Church In Cenchrea.
Scripture
Romans 16
1 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is a deacon in the church in Cenchrea. 

2 Welcome her in the Lord as one who is worthy of honor among God’s people. Help her in whatever she needs, for she has been helpful to many, and especially to me.

3 Give my greetings to Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in the ministry of Christ Jesus.
Observation
The Apostle Paul thought that this fellow servant, a sister in Christ named Phoebe, was pretty special.
He had no problem recognizing her importance as a servant of our Lord Jesus Christ.
And in verse three of Romans 16, the Apostle Paul places his sister in Christ, Priscilla, first, when mentioning his two co-workers – Priscilla and Aquila.
Don't get me wrong, I am in total agreement that men need to step up and take leadership positions in the church. Every time we get a man to step up and lead, whether it is at church or in his own home, we have done good and our churches are stronger for it, but women can and must serve in our churches too.
Yesterday my sister in Christ, Brea Malcolm, had the opportunity to baptize another sister in Christ in our newly renovated baptistry.
This would have never happened a few years ago. Brea is responsible for our “First Impressions” ministry and is responsible for a huge team of volunteers. She is one our “Phoebe's”!
I rejoice that we allow both men and women at our church opportunities to serve.
Application
I will encourage both men and women to step up and serve where ever they feel that they are needed.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the opportunity to serve You. There are so many places where help is needed in our church. I pray that You will raise up both men and women in our church and place them in strategic ministries. I thank You for every person serving at our church. So many are serving in so many different ways. It is amazing. Thank You for our ministry team that leads us. Help them to serve You with all of their heart. Bring people into their lives to encourage them.
Daily Bible Reading: Romans 13,14,15,16

No comments: