Saturday, December 15, 2018

Are Any Of You Suffering Hardships? You Should Pray.


Are Any Of You
Suffering Hardships?
You Should Pray.
Scripture
James 5
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 
14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 
15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! 
18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.
Observation

This morning before I even got out of bed the Lord brought to my mind two people who are in the hospital and who are very sick. I know that God brought them to my mind so that I would pray for them.
Let's pray when we are suffering hardships. Let's pray and sing praises when we are happy. Let's pray for those who are sick. Let's pray … pray … pray!
James uses the example of Elijah to show us just how powerful we are when we pray. Elijah was a human just like we are, and yet he prayed for it not to rain and it didn't rain for three and a half years.
Then he prayed for it to rain and God sent down rain!
I think a lot of times when we pray we are guilty of not really believing that our prayers will be answered. We pray, mumble words, but we don't pray in faith.
When I pray for someone who is sick I always pray for God to heal them. Yes, I realize that He does not always restore them to health as I ask. Sometimes He does even better ... He chooses to take them to Heaven where they get a new body and where they get a complete make over!
Application
I will pray in faith. I will pray for the sick.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I do believe that nothing is too hard for You. When You put someone on my heart to pray for them I know that it is because You are working in his or her life. Help me to always pray in faith. I want faith like that of Elijah.
I pray today for those who are sick. Give them Your strength, Lord. Heal their bodies. Help them to sense Your presence, Your power, and Your love today.
I pray for those who have recently lost a loved one. I pray that You will comfort them. Draw them close to you. Give them strength as they grieve. Bring people into their lives to help them through this difficult time.
Daily Bible Reading: James 1,2,3,4,5

No comments: