Tuesday, December 18, 2018

We Know That This Man Really Is The Savior Of The World.


We Know
That This Man
Really Is The Savior Of The World.
Scripture
John 4
39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 
40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”
Observation
The story of the Samaritan woman found in John 4 is so good and it is so good for so many different reasons. It is definitely one of my favorite stories in the Bible.
When the Angels announced the birth of Jesus, they didn't make the announcement to the rich and famous. No, they didn't go to the king's palace to make this important announcement, they went out to the country side to some lowly, and very ordinary shepherds.
When Jesus walked on this earth, He went to the social outcasts, He didn't focus His time on the rich and famous. Tax collectors, lepers, the blind, the crippled, prostitutes, fishermen, the poor, they were the ones who got Jesus' attention.
Jesus told the Samaritan woman that she had previously had 5 husbands and the man that she was presently living with was not her husband. He told her that, not to condemn her for her obvious sinful lifestyle, but to reveal to her that He was the long awaited Messiah, the Savior of the World.
You and I have a past. All of us have things in our lives that we would be embarrassed about if they were made public.
All of us are sinners. We are just like the Samaritan woman. We are just like the shepherds in the Christmas story. Jesus came to this earth to save ordinary people … ordinary people just like you and ordinary just like me.
Application
I will share the Good News about Jesus with every one that I can.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for associating with and reaching out to, ordinary people like me. I am grateful that You accepted me, just like You found me, a sinner. And thank You for not letting me stay the way You found me. I am still a sinner, but I am forgiven. I am one of Your children. I am a King's kid. I am part of Your Kingdom. I have a bright future ahead of me, one that will last forever!
I pray for those who are sick. I pray for those who have loved ones who are sick. I pray for healing and I pray that You give them Your strength.
Daily Bible Reading: John 2,3,4

No comments: