Sunday, December 09, 2018

Our People Must Learn To Do Good By Meeting The Urgent Needs Of Others


Our People
Must Learn To Do Good
By Meeting The Urgent Needs Of Others
Scripture
Titus 3
14 Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.
Observation
The Apostle Paul tells us in Titus 3 that “doing good” is something that is learned by helping others that have urgent needs.
I got a phone call this week from a brother in Christ who was working hard trying to find housing for a family who had no place to stay. He was meeting an urgent need of someone else.
Doing good is something that is learned by doing!
During this Christmas Season I am sure that you and I will have the opportunity to help someone that is less fortunate than we are.
It might be something small to us that we do for them but it won't be a small thing to them.
Lets keep our eyes open for the person(s) that God brings across our path to help.
Application
I will look for ways to do good … how about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that there are people who You will bring across my path that need to be encouraged and that have needs that I can help meet. Don't let me miss an opportunity to be Your hands and Your feet.
I pray for my wife Kathy. Heal her body. Help her to get over what ever is going on in her body quickly so that she can help our daughter Debby with the new baby when it comes. We are counting on You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 5,6; Titus 1,2,3

No comments: