Wednesday, December 12, 2018

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.


This Hope
Is A Strong And Trustworthy
Anchor For Our Souls.
Scripture
Hebrews 6
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.
Observation

This is one of Kathy's favorite verses! I should have gotten her to write this blog this morning.

Maybe she will see it and add something to what I share. Maybe you would like to add something about this verse in the comment section … I would love to read it.

Biblical hope” is so different from how the word “hope” is usually used in our every day conversations.

For instance, you may have said this about your favorite football team, “I hope my teams wins the Super Bowl this year!” Or you who are dumb enough (sorry, did I just say that) to play the lottery may have said, “I hope I win the lottery!” Both of those statements are just wishful thinking based on absolutely “nothing”.

Biblical hope” has God's Word to back it up. Biblical hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for my soul because it is backed up by all of God's promises in His Word.

Someone has said, “Whenever faith in God looks to the future, it is called hope. And whenever our hope rests on the Word of God, it is called faith. Hope is faith in the future tense.”
William Carey, “Expect great things from God.”
Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 31:24
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 33:22
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
Psalm 42:11
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Application
I will expect great things from God!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the God of all hope, a trustworthy anchor for my soul! I have the confident assurance of Your Word. You have given me thousands of promises in Your Word and I know that You will keep everyone of them. My hope is in You! I pray for those who are struggling right now with major issues. Help them to hold on to all of Your promises. Help them to hope in You.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I saw that I wrote this on December 12, 2016
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Scripture

Hebrews 6
14 “I will certainly bless you,
and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.”
18 … Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.
Observation
God’s promise to Abraham is also His promise to us. In this crazy, upside down, dog eat dog, vicious, cruel, mean, and rude world you and I have an anchor.
I don’t know about you and what has been going on in your world, but in my crazy world I definitely need an anchor for my soul.
So I am holding on.
I am taking refuge in God and with great confidence I am holding on to the hope that lies before me. How about you?
Psalm 62:5
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
Psalm 94:19
When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Psalm 43:5
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Psalm 39:7 
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 31:24
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Application
I put my hope in the Lord this Monday morning. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are my refuge. I put my hope in You. No matter what happens in this world I have an anchor for my soul. I hold on tightly to all of Your promises. I have confidence in Your Word. My only hope is in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 5,6,7,8

No comments: