Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Am Leaving You With A Gift - Peace Of Mind And Heart. And The Peace I Give Is A Gift The World Cannot Give.


I Am Leaving You With A Gift -
Peace Of Mind And Heart.
And The Peace I Give Is A Gift The World Cannot Give.
Scripture
John 14
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Observation
No matter what you give or what you receive this Christmas you will not be able to top this Gift. This Gift has a name – Jesus!
At Christmas, when we celebrate our Savior's birth, isn't it actually pretty strange how we celebrate His birthday, I am talking about the practice of giving gifts to each other on the day that we celebrate His Birth.
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the gift giving that we do at Christmas. I think that it is a great way to show our love for each other as Jesus commanded for us to do in John 13:34-35!
I am not Scrooge!
But hey, what gift did we give Jesus, or what gift are we planning on giving Jesus on His birthday?
Your life and my life surrendered to Him would be the best gift of all this Christmas! Giving monetarily to further His Kingdom's work would also be a great Christmas gift to Him!
And helping someone in need … is definitely a good thing to do at Christmas!
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
Application
I will look for ways to to celebrate the Christ of “Christ...mas” this Christmas!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, the Christmas season goes by so quickly. I think that all of us want the generosity that we see at Christmas to continue throughout the entire year! At least I do. I don't mean the giving and receiving that is done because it is expected of us. But what I love is the generosity I see during this time of the year that no one expects … that is not forced … but that comes from the prompting of Your Holy Spirit! I know that it happens throughout the year, but it seems to happen a lot more during the Christmas season. Help me to give more than I receive this Christmas. Help me to be Your Hands and Your Feet to the people around me.
Daily Bible Reading: John 12,13,14

No comments: