Monday, December 17, 2018

By His Divine Power, God Has Given Us Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.


By His Divine Power,
God Has Given Us Everything We Need
For Living A Godly Life.
Scripture
2 Peter 1
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 
4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge,
6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness,7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
Observation

When you and I place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and we ask Him to come into our lives to save us, in that very moment, we are given everything we need for living a godly life.
Of course, living a godly life does not mean that we are going to do everything right. It doesn't mean that we are perfect. Living a godly life means that we are striving to put God first in our lives.
God has provided thousands of promises to help us live godly lives. But you and I must read them and respond to them. We must act on all of the promises that He gives us in His Word.
And that means we need to read His Word every day!
Trying to live a godly life without reading the Bible everyday is like driving a car that is out of gas … you might be behind the wheel but you are not going anywhere!
Lets not make excuses … lets dig into God's Word today!
Application
I will hold on tightly to all of God's promises that He gives me in His Word.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live a godly life. Every time I start to go off in the wrong direction I want You to guide me back and get me back on track. I know that I am a sinner, but I also know that You have given me everything that I need to live a godly life. So I know that I have no excuse when I sin. Help me to confess my sins every time I commit one. Don't let me let them pile up.
I pray for those today who are facing serious illnesses. Help them not to be afraid. Give them Your strength. May they sense Your presence today. I pray for healing. Touch their bodies with Your healing power.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Peter 1,2,3; John 1

No comments: