Sunday, December 02, 2018

Never Be Lazy, But Work Hard And Serve The Lord Enthusiastically.


Never Be Lazy,
But Work Hard
And Serve The Lord Enthusiastically.
Scripture
Romans 12
1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
11 Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
Observation

If you ever have a chance to go out with a Disaster Relief Team to help people who have been clobbered by a hurricane or some other natural disaster I sure hope you go.
I had the chance this week to work with some great guys (and gals) from several different states up in Panama City.
Baptist men and women from the states of Oklahoma, Indiana, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and of course teams from all over the state of Florida, we all worked together to help the people in Panama City.
All of us stayed at Immanuel Baptist Church. We slept in Sunday school rooms, ate in the church's fellowship hall, and took hot showers out in a special shower trailer set up in the church parking lot. Our team was small (only 6), but we had some great people join us each day so we usually had a team of about 8-10 people. Plus we had a tractor assigned to our team with an experienced driver who would help us move debris and huge trees out to the road.
I have volunteered after many hurricanes and floods but this is by far the worst devastation that I have ever seen. It is like a war zone. The clean up and recovery is far from over.
They are asking for more teams. If you or your church wants to help let me know. Special thanks to all of our team and a special thanks to Mitch and Edwin from Tallahassee!
Application
I will not be lazy. I will work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically!
How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for the opportunity of going to Panama City and helping the people there who are in such need. I pray for the ones that we helped. Give them strength. And I pray for healing for those who we met who are so sick. Help them to rebuild their lives. Protect them. I pray for more laborers, more teams that will go to help. Raise up an army of volunteers! Raise them up!
Daily Bible Reading: Romans 9,10,11,12
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


No comments: