Thursday, December 20, 2018

I Took My Troubles To The Lord; I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.


I Took My Troubles To The Lord;
I Cried Out To Him,
And He Answered My Prayer.
Scripture
Psalm 120
1 I took my troubles to the Lord;
    I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
Observation
Trouble … Trouble … Trouble! Life is full of trouble and life is all about how we deal with it!
It is so sad when we hear that someone has taken his or her own life and even more tragic to hear that a person in desperation or in anger has taken the lives of others and then ended their own.
I am reminded of what Jesus said in John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
To quote a popular bumper sticker, “No Jesus, No Peace … Know Jesus, Know Peace!”
You and I were not designed by our Creator to live life without His help. If that is what you are trying to do then I can tell you right now that it is not going to end well for you. I watch people every day trying to live without God, you probably do too, and it is not pretty!
Lets not be hard-headed … God created us for fellowship. He created us for a relationship with Him. He wants to be our Heavenly Father. He wants us to go to Him when we have trouble. He wants to be our go to Person!
Job 14:1
How frail is humanity! How short is life, how full of trouble!
Psalm 32:7
For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.
Psalm 34:6
In my desperation I prayed, and the Lordlistened; he saved me from all my troubles.
Application
Big or small I will take all my troubles to the Lord. I will pray first!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me be hard-headed! Remind me to pray first when trouble comes my way. I know that You want me to depend on You. I know that You have promised to take care of me.
I pray for people that I know who are facing big problems. Help them to take their troubles to You. Don't let them try to deal with them without Your help. Bring people into their lives who will direct them to You. Don't let us be hard-headed!
I pray for my daughter Debby today on her birthday. Bless her Lord. May Your face shine on her today. “May You give her her heart's desires. May You make her plans successful. And may You answer all of her prayers” (Psalm 20:4-5 personalized).
Daily Bible Reading: John 7,8; I added: Psalm 20, Psalm 120; Proverbs 20

No comments: