Sunday, December 16, 2018

In The Same Way, You Husbands Must Give Honor To Your Wives.


In The Same Way, You Husbands
Must
Give Honor To Your Wives.
Scripture
1 Peter 3
7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.
Observation
Simon Peter lived in a world where men thought of women as their property. Jesus Christ changed all of that, at least He did for all of us who have become followers of Christ.
Men, today you and I are challenged to give honor to our wives and to treat them with understanding. We are to highly value them as a gift from God.
Our wives are equal partners and we must treat them well or our Heavenly Father will not even hear our prayers.
After living with me 49 years, Kathy has no trouble letting me know when she thinks I am being condescending or when she thinks I am treating her like a child, or even worse, when she thinks I am treating her like she is stupid.
Don't smile men! I bet this happens to you too!
Application
I will treat Kathy with love and respect. I will treat her as I should so my prayers are not hindered.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such a great wife. When I look around at those who You could have picked out for me I am so glad that You picked Kathy. Help me to treat her as I should. Don't let me mistreat her. Bless her, Lord. Give her strength and good health. Help her to walk close to You. Continue to use her in the lives of our children and grandchildren as a witness for You.
I pray for any man that may be reading this blog. Help him to be a godly man. Help him to be the very best husband to his wife. Help him to realize what a treasure she is to him.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Peter 1,2,3,4,5

No comments: