Friday, December 14, 2018

Remember Your Leaders Who Taught You The Word Of God.


Remember Your Leaders
Who
Taught You The Word Of God.
Scripture
Hebrews 13
7 Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
Observation
Dr. Waylon B. Moore, Dr. Charles Hartwig, Paul Burleson, Hugh Roberts and one of my Seminary Professors, Oscar Thompson, these are some of the men whose leadership has impacted and changed my life.
Our present leadership team at our church would also be on my list.
Some godly women in my life would have to include Clemmie Moore (she was always encouraging me), Patsy Hartwig, Millie Roberts, Audrey (Hockett) Puckett, Hannah Williams (my granny), and Linda Renner.
I could list quite a few more men and women, but I don't want to completely bore you.
Who would you put on your list?
Take a minute and give thanks for the leaders that God has placed in your life!
Let me remind all of us that no matter how godly a leader is … they are not perfect. All of us are flawed. We are all sinners. Even those who lead us are far from perfect.
You and I must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus.
Lets both imitate and be thankful for those good examples that God has placed in our lives.
Application
I am taking time this morning to remember all of the godly men and women that God has placed in my life.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I think of all the godly people that You have placed in my life over all of these years I am filled and overwhelmed with gratitude. I am so grateful for them. I am so glad that You brought them into my life. Bless them, Lord. Help me to be an example to those who are in my life right now. Don't let me be a stumbling block to them. Keep me away from stupid sins that would mess up my life and that would hurt my witness and that would destroy my testimony. Help me live a godly life.
Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 12,13; Jude

No comments: