Sunday, December 23, 2018

Now This Is Eternal Life: That They Know You, The Only True God, And Jesus Christ, Whom You Have Sent.


Now This Is Eternal Life:
That They Know You, The Only True God,
And Jesus Christ, Whom You Have Sent.
Scripture
John 17
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 
Observation
Christmas time is the most wonderful time of the year, but for many it is also the most difficult time of the year!
For many it brings back memories of Christmas' spent with loved ones, loved ones who are no longer with them. Sometimes it was during this time of the year when their loved one passed away. I am sure that this could describe you or someone you know.
My Bible reading for today takes me through some of the last hours of Jesus' life on Earth.
In today's reading, which is found in John 18, our Savior is arrested, and tomorrow on Christmas Eve, I will be reading John 19, 20, and 21 about His death, His burial, and His resurrection!
It is a reminder to me that the Christmas story is not just about a little baby in a manger! Oh no, the Christmas story is about way more than that!
It is about a God who loved me so much that He left Heaven, came to Earth as a human being. He experienced suffering as a human being just like you and I experience it. He was tempted like you and I are tempted … yet ... He never sinned. Then He died on a cross as a Perfect Sacrifice for my sins and for your sins too. He came back to life on the third day and one day He is coming back!
I know that it is hard to get our heads around all of that He has done for us, but it is all true! We can't fully grasp it, we can't totally understand it, but that is what makes the Savior's birth into this world so absolutely wonderful!
Application
Today … In just a few minutes, I will be at church and when I sing today and when I listen to our pastor's message, I will take in all of the awe and all of the wonder of what God has done for me! And I will praise Him!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I give You praise! Thank You for sending Your Son. Thank You for giving me Eternal Life! Thank You for giving me a rich and satisfying life here on Earth. I am blessed!
I pray for those who are having a hard time during this Christmas season. I pray for those who are sick and for those who have loved ones who are sick.
I also pray for those who have lost loved ones, who are having a difficult time right now. I pray for healing for those who are sick. And I pray that You give strength and comfort to those who are experiencing the loss of a loved one.
Daily Bible Reading: John 15,16,17,18

No comments: