Saturday, December 08, 2018

Be An Example To All Believers In What You Say, In The Way You Live, In Your Love,Your Faith, And Your Purity.


Be An Example To All Believers
In What You Say, In The Way You Live,
In Your Love,Your Faith, And Your Purity.
Scripture
1 Timothy 4
11 Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them.

12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 

13 Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them.

Observation
It is Saturday. What do you and I need to do today to be ready to go to church tomorrow?
The Apostle Paul's word of exhortation to young Timothy is a good Word for me today and I think that it might be a good Word for you today too!
You and I need to be examples. Examples to everyone in what we say, and examples to everyone by how we live.
Specifically our lives should reflect our love for people, our faith in the Lord, and the purity of our Lord and Savior.
Our children, our grandchildren, our neighbors, our co-workers, our friends, and our fellow church members, they all need for us to be good examples of the Christian life.
So lets get rid of any thing, yes, lets get rid of every single thing that may blur or hinder people from seeing Jesus in us.
Hope to see everybody in church tomorrow!
Application
I want to be a good example to my grown kids and to my grand children. I want them to be able to see Jesus in me.
How about you?
Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to be a good example. Help me to live my life in a way that helps people know Christ and helps the people around me to grow in Christ. Don't let me do anything that would cause them to stumble.
I pray today for those who are sick. I pray for healing. I pray for those who are allowing sin to mess up their life. Help them to turn away from the sin and turn back to You. Help any person who may be reading this blog today. Help them to be a good example by the way they live their life. And help them to be in church tomorrow.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 1,2,3,4

No comments: