Sunday, February 03, 2019

But God Has Shown Me That I Should No Longer Think Of Anyone As Impure Or Unclean.


But God Has Shown Me
That I Should No Longer Think
Of Anyone As Impure Or Unclean.
Scripture
Acts 10
28 Peter told them, “You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you. But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean. 29 So I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. Now tell me why you sent for me.”
Observation
Maybe they are dirty, maybe even smelly, totally disheveled, or maybe they just have a different skin color, or possibly speak a different language, or struggle with an addiction, it doesn't matter, you and I are called to love them.
In fact, from this story found in Acts 10, the Good Samaritan story found in Luke 10, the story of the rich man and the poor beggar Lazarus in Luke 16, and the story of the sinful woman in Luke 7, it is pretty obvious that these people, have a special place in the heart of God.
I love the way Gospel of Mark describes the followers of Jesus in Mark 2:15, “Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many taxcollectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.)”
What happened in Acts 10 was a wake up call for the Apostle Peter!
Could well be that some disreputable sinners need our attention and our love today!
Application
I will look for someone that seems to need extra attention and love today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, in the busyness of today, slow me down long enough to see who needs extra attention, who needs a word of encouragement, and who needs to know that someone care about them. Help me to be Your Hands and Your Feet.
I pray today for any person reading this blog today who may be discouraged. Bring people into his or her life today who will lift them up. Help them to get dressed and help them to get to church. Don't let them isolate themselves today.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 35,36; Acts 10



No comments: