Sunday, February 24, 2019

He Who Guards Your Soul Knows You Knew.


He
Who Guards Your Soul
Knows You Knew.
Scripture
Proverbs 24
12 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
    For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
    He will repay all people as their actions deserve.

Numbers 32
23 “But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.”
Observation

If there is a God, and yes, there is a God, then of course He understands all hearts, and He sees us. And God who guards our souls knows we knew.
When I read Proverbs 24:12 it reminded me of Numbers 32:23, “But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.”
God loves us, but He hates sin. He knows exactly what we do. He doesn't miss a thing. There is no such thing as secret sin. We might keep it secret for awhile but we can be sure that our sin will find us out.
God knows and He knows that we know when we sin. So what should we do? We must confess our sins. “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:9
So lets not make excuses. Lets not blame those around us. God understands all hearts, and He sees us. God who guards our souls knows we knew. He will repay all of us as our actions deserve. (Proverbs 24:12 personalized)
Application
I will confess my sins as I commit them.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that there is not one detail of my life that escapes Your attention. You see me 24/7. I know that there are times when my actions make You sad. I know that You love me but You hate sin. Help me to not yield to temptation. Keep me strong. When I do sin don't let me let it go unconfessed. Bring conviction immediately to my life and don't let me make excuses or blame someone else when I sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 14,15,16; Mark 3; Psalm 24, Psalm 94; Proverbs 24



No comments: