Wednesday, February 06, 2019

We Are Here To Proclaim That Through This Man Jesus There Is Forgiveness For Your Sins.


We Are Here To Proclaim
That Through This Man Jesus
There Is Forgiveness For Your Sins.
Scripture
Acts 13
38 “Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins.
39 Everyone who believes in him is made right in God’s sight—something the law of Moses could never do. 
40 Be careful! Don’t let the prophets’ words apply to you. For they said,
41 ‘Look, you mockers,
    be amazed and die!
For I am doing something in your own day,
    something you wouldn’t believe
    even if someone told you about it.’”
Observation
If you were to tell me your life story and if I were to share with you mine, what we would both quickly discover as we listened to each others' story was the fact that we were both in desperate need of forgiveness.
Our stories, if we shared them honestly with each other, would both quickly reveal our need for a Savior.
Your life and my life is filled, yes filled, with brokenness caused by sin.
Some and probably most of the hurt, most of the brokenness and most of the chaos in our lives comes from our own sinfulness and our own selfishness, yet there are deep wounds and deep hurts and tragic losses that we live with that have been caused by the sins of others.
A few examples of the kind of brokenness that comes at the hand of someone else could be the damage done to us by an unfaithful spouse, a rebellious child, or a drunk driver. This list, of course, could easily go on and on.
Sin, my sin and your sin, impacts and destroys more than just our own lives.
No matter how good you are, and no matter how good I am, and no matter how good we live our lives in the future, we are all still far from perfect; we are broken. Jesus came to save us from the penalty of our sins. You and I are sinners. We are both in need of a Savior. Jesus came to make us right with God.
So … Do you know Him? Are you forgiven?
Romans 3:23
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
Romans 5:8
8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Application
When I share my story I will not hide the fact that I am a sinner and I will not brag on that fact either.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. I know that I am broken. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins through Your Son Jesus Christ. Help me to walk in a way today that brings You glory and honor.
I pray for any person reading this blog today who has not yet trusted In Jesus for his or her salvation. Help them to realize their brokenness today. I pray today for their salvation. Change the story of their life today.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 1,2,3; Acts 13



No comments: