Friday, February 08, 2019

Moses Took The Fat, Including The Fat Of The Broad Tail, The Fat Around The Internal Organs, The Long Lobe Of The Liver …


Moses Took The Fat,
Including The Fat Of The Broad Tail,
The Fat Around The Internal Organs, The Long Lobe Of The Liver …
Scripture
Leviticus 8
25 Next Moses took the fat, including the fat of the broad tail, the fat around the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and the fat around them, along with the right thigh.
Observation

Dr. Waylon B. Moore, my first pastor, years ago taught me that my Bible is a like a giant spiritual supermarket. It is filled with kinds of food like: can goods, breads, dairy products, meats and pastries.
As I read through Leviticus, the book of Leviticus is like eating some vegetables found in the can goods aisle of Publix that even though I might eat them they are not my favorites.
Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy are always a challenge for me to get through as I read the Bible through each year.
In Leviticus, God instructs His people how they were to worship Him way back then. I am glad that today our way of worship has changed, and we do not have to sacrifice animals on an altar like they did back then.
For us, Jesus Christ has made a once and for all sacrifice, His death on the cross. It was a blood sacrifice for all of my sins and for all your sins too.
All you and I just need to do is put our trust and our faith in Him.
Application
I will look for things that I haven't noticed before as I read through Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I was reminded as I read in Leviticus about these animal sacrifices, what King David said in Psalm 51:16-17 “You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. You do not want a burnt offering. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.” I know that a broken and repentant heart is the sacrifices that You desire from me. Help me to walk close to You today. I want to make You smile.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 7,8,9; Acts 15



No comments: