Thursday, February 28, 2019

Love Is Patient And Kind.


Love
Is
Patient And Kind.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
Observation
Yesterday, while serving as one of the chaplains at the hospital I had the privilege of sitting with an elderly man whose life was about to come to an end.
Because of the trach tube in his throat he was no longer able to talk, but he was able to communicate with me and another chaplain. He used a writing pad and pen. As we sat with him we asked him if there was anything that we could do for him.
He pointed to a name and phone number on the writing pad. It was his wife's name and phone number. Then he showed me a sentence on the pad that he had already written out some time before we arrived.
Pointing to the sentence and pointing to his wife's name and phone number he let me know that he wanted me to repeat that sentence to his wife for him when I called her. The sentence was this, “I love you very much!”
I left the room sad, but I also left filled with admiration. Admiration for that man, who though decimated by his illness, wanted to still express his love for his wife any way that he could.
It is a reminder to me that I need to use the phrases - “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”. I need to use them often while I still have the opportunity.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.” 
Application
I will be kind and patient with Kathy.
How are you treating your spouse?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am reminded everyday that life is short. You tell me in Your Word that my life is like breath, that it is like a vapor. Help me to use my time wisely, expressing love to the people that You have placed in my life. I know that “love one another” is a command and not a suggestion. Help me to do a better job of loving people.

I pray for my sister Bea today on her birthday. May Your face shine brightly on her and her family today. Bless her, Lord. May she sense Your love, Your power, and Your strength on her very special day!
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 24,25,26,27; 1 Corinthians 13



No comments: