Thursday, February 21, 2019

His Faithful Promises Are Your Armor And Protection.


His
Faithful Promises
Are Your Armor And Protection.
Scripture
Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.

3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.

4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Observation
God has made thousands of promises to us and they are all found in our Bible. They are available to us 24/7! Those promises according to Psalm 91 are our armor and our protection!
I was with a grief stricken family yesterday at the hospital and as they grieved the sudden and unexpected death of their loved one, the sister of the deceased began quoting Psalm 23.
Her reliance on the Word of God was a reminder to me that we can carry God's faithful promises around with us in our hearts and those promises are indeed our armor and our protection!
Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! … Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.” Psalm 23:1,4
This family grieved. And yes, it was a horrific and totally unexpected situation that they found themselves in, but they did not grieve without hope. They clung to the precious promises of our God.
We should follow their example and do the same!
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
Psalm 18:30
What a God he is! How perfect in every way! All his promises prove true. He is a shield for everyone who hides behind him.
Psalm 56:10-11
I am trusting God—oh, praise his promises! I am not afraid of anything mere man can do to me! Yes, praise his promises.
Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield, and your promises are my only source of hope.
Application
When I go through difficult times I will hold on tightly to the promises of my God.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You have given us hope. Even during terrible times I am not without hope. I pray for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Give them strength through Your Word. May they cling to Your promises during this difficult time. Help me to be your hands and your feet to those who are going through difficult times. Thank You for the testimony and the witness of the believers that I get to meet while I am at the hospital and the confident hope that they have in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 8,9; Acts 28; I added: Psalm 61, Psalm 91, Proverbs 21



No comments: