Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Stand Up In The Presence Of The Elderly, And Show Respect For The Aged. Fear Your God. I Am The Lord.


Stand Up In The Presence Of The Elderly,
And Show Respect For The Aged.
Fear Your God. I Am The Lord.
Scripture
Leviticus 19
32 Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and show respect for the aged. Fear your God. I am the Lord.
Observation

Wouldn't this be a great verse for our kids and youth to learn at church and what if they were actually taught to put this verse into practice?
When I saw this verse I thought about two men in our church who do get and deserve a tremendous amount of respect and admiration: Dr. Waylon B. Moore and Jerry McGowan.
Dr. Moore is 91 years old and I think Jerry is just a tad bit younger!
Dr. Moore, since he is one of our pastors is well known and still preaches quite often at our church and at other churches when asked.
Both of these men have a tremendous love for the Lord and have been able to serve the Lord all of these years wholeheartedly. I will gladly stand up in their presence.
We have some wonderful folks who are in the upper 70's and in their 80's that are still actively serving the Lord in our church.
When we see them lets take time to greet them and give them some well deserved hugs.
Who do we know that is now a bit aged that could use a little encouragement, maybe a loving hug from me or a hug from you?
Look and you will find most of these 'wonderful saints' at our 9 am in worship service.
Application
I will remember to show respect for the aged.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, in a blink of an eye I will be among the elderly and the aged. In fact, most people might put me in that group right now. I agree with Jerry McGowan. He told me the other day that he never plans to get old. And I know just what he means. When we start acting old that is when old age has arrived. 

I pray for our elderly. Give them strength and good health. Help them to not give up even when they hurt and when they don't feel like coming to church. Let their hearts bring them to church, Lord, when their bodies are saying no! 

I pray for our young church. Help our young people realize the value of our older adults.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 18,19; Psalms 13; Acts 19



No comments: