Monday, February 11, 2019

So Be Strong And Courageous, All You Who Put Your Hope In The Lord!


So Be
Strong And Courageous,
All You Who Put Your Hope In The Lord!
Scripture
Psalm 31
24 So be strong and courageous,
    all you who put your hope in the Lord!

Observation

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!” (Psalm 31:14) There are times in our lives when that is all we will be able to say because we have been crushed by life's cruel circumstances.
Yesterday, you probably didn't notice, but I did not have the opportunity to write my daily blog. No time to write it because A dear friend of ours called me early Sunday morning to let me know that her father had been taken to the hospital after suffering an apparent heart attack.
Then while I was at the hospital room talking to our friend I received a call and it was another friend's wife. She told me that her husband, who I went to school with, Marshall Harrington, who I had just visited Saturday in the hospital and was doing well and was waiting to receive another stent in his heart, had suffered a massive heart attack during the night and the hospital staff was not able to save his life.
So this morning the Psalm 31:24 “So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!” jumped out at me as I thought about my friends.
This verse is for all of us, And it is especially meaningful for when we go through times of loss.
Joshua 1:9
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Daniel 10:19a
Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” 
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
Application
I will hold on to all of God's promises when I am experiencing grief and loss.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I weep with those who weep. Today as I think about my friends I can only hope that they will turn to You for their strength during these difficult days. Thank You for giving us Your Word. It is full of promises to us and I know that You will keep every single one of them. Your promises are wonderful. They give us strength. I pray for my friends who are going through difficult times. Help them to trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 15,16,17; Acts 18; I added: Psalm 31, Psalm 61, Psalm 91; Proverbs 11



No comments: