Tuesday, February 05, 2019

In My Desperation I Prayed, And The Lord Listened; He Saved me From All My Troubles.


In My Desperation I Prayed,
And The Lord Listened;
He Saved me From All My Troubles.
Scripture
Psalm 34
6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.
7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
    Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
9 Fear the Lord, you his godly people,
    for those who fear him will have all they need.

Observation

In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened”, boy, I can really identify with King David and what he writes in this Psalm!
So many times when David is writing a Psalm it is actually a prayer where he is crying out to God during a time of full blown 100% desperation.
Can you identify with him? I sure can.
Not all of my prayers are soft easy going prayers, no sir, there have been lots of times in my life when my prayers were cries of desperation just like what we read today in Psalm 34.
Take time to read the entire Psalm today. It is short. It is only twenty-two verses long.
Application
I will cry out to God in desperation because I know that He listens to me and He will save me from all my troubles.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know everything that is going on in my life. Nothing is a surprise to You. When I am desperate, when I have a crisis and I pray to You I know that You listen to me. And I know that You will save me from all of my troubles.
I pray for those who are very sick. I pray for a friend's daughter who is in a coma. Restore her to health. Give my friend peace in her heart, peace that can only come from You.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 39,40; Psalms 15; Acts 12; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 34; Proverbs 4



No comments: