Friday, February 01, 2019

I Will Be With Them In Trouble


I
Will Be With Them
In Trouble
Scripture
Psalm 91
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
Observation

Most of the Psalms were written by King David who always seemed to be in trouble, big trouble.
I think that we Christians, even if we won't admit it, many times think that somehow because of our close relationship to God through the Lord Jesus Christ that we should be able to skate through life problem free.
And we so ask, or at least wonder, why is this happening to me? Don't tell me that you have never done that! But the truth is, why not me?
Why shouldn't I expect to go through trouble? Here is the great news, the Bible says over and over and over again that our Heavenly Father will be with us through every difficult time that comes our way.
Failing health, financial struggles, relationship problems, sickness and/or death of a loved one, enemies that oppose us, and the list could go on and on, but the truth is that each one of us will face difficulty after difficulty, seemingly one right after another, until God calls us up to Heaven.
So it shouldn't come as a surprise to us that we are either right now smack dab in the middle of a storm, just been through a storm, or getting ready to be clobbered by a storm. To be perfectly honest, life is one storm, one right after the other!
Do you ever remember being scared as a child and running to your Mom and Dad for protection? Remember how safe you felt by being in the arms of your Mom and Dad, or jumping into their bed to be with them during a storm?
I think that is exactly why God allows storms and trouble to come into our life so we will draw close to Him. So He can answer us and rescue us. He wants to be our refuge in times of trouble. Lets trust Him!
Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.”
Application
When I am going through trouble I will draw close to my Heavenly Father.
How about you?
John 16:33
I’ve told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the world you’ll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Your Word says, “Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away. ... Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.” (verses taken from Psalm 90 and personalized) So today, no matter what happens, no matter what storm comes my way, I am going to trust You. I will cast all of my cares on You because You care for me. (1 Peter 5:7 personalized) Show me today who needs to be encouraged, someone who is having a rough time, someone who is dealing with trouble.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 30,31,32; Acts 8; I added: Psalm 61, Psalm 91, Proverbs 1





No comments: