Thursday, January 31, 2019

But Stephen, Full Of The Holy Spirit, Gazed Steadily Into Heaven And Saw The Glory Of God


But Stephen, Full Of The Holy Spirit,
Gazed Steadily Into Heaven
And Saw The Glory Of God
Scripture
Acts 7
55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand.
Observation
If I am to be filled with the Holy Spirit, or full of God's Holy Spirit it means that I have to empty myself of my self and allow God to be in control of my life.
If I am full of my 'self' then there is no room for God's Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 5:18 is a verse that helps me to understand what it means to be filled with the Spirit. The verse says, “Don’t drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that path; be filled instead with the Holy Spirit and controlled by him.”
Have you ever been drunk? Unfortunately during my teenage years, before someone introduced me to Jesus Christ, ashamedly I admit to being under the influence of alcohol to the point of being drunk? So drunk that I could have at several different times crashed and killed my date Kathy, myself, and who knows how many other people.
So I know personally that a drunk person is no longer in control, but is being controlled by the alcohol that they have consumed.
The Bible says that we are to be filled with God's Holy Spirit and allow God to be in control of our life. God doesn't not want to be the co-pilot in our life – God wants to be behind the wheel.
Yes, we are filled with God's Holy Spirit when we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ and ask Him to be our Lord and Savior.
But we must daily be filled with the Holy Spirit … why you might ask? … because we leak!
Application
Everyday, I will confess my sins as I commit them so that God's Holy Spirit will have control of my life.
Romans 8
9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) 10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. 11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for sparing me during those years of stupidity. Thank You for not allowing anything bad to happen to me or those around me when I was allowing something other than Your Holy Spirit to control my life. I know that every day I have a choice. I know that I can life for myself or I can live for You. I can control my own life or I can allow You to be in control. Please don't let me be in control of my own life. I make a mess of things every single time that I try to take the wheel. I want You behind the steering wheel of my life. I surrender control to You right now.
I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog that is struggling with an addiction. Bring people, godly people into his or her life who can help them. I pray that they surrender their life totally to You and allow You to be in control. Help them to bring You glory with the choices that they make. Help them to walk in victory today.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 28,29; Acts 7



No comments: