Thursday, January 24, 2019

Then He Opened Up Their Minds So They Could Understand The Scriptures.


Then He
Opened Up Their Minds
So They Could Understand The Scriptures.
Scripture
Luke 22
45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Observation
It was on the road to Emmaus that two disciples of our resurrected Lord had the Scriptures explained to them by Jesus Himself.
Immediately their minds were opened and they realized that Jesus was way more than a Prophet, yes, they suddenly realized that Jesus was the long awaited Messiah!
I have had friends tell me that they have tried to read the Bible, but it was difficult for them to understand what they were reading. And I can understand what they are saying because I still run across passages that are difficult for me to grasp.
And I have read and re-read the Bible from beginning to end each year consistently since 2006. I write a short simple blog like this one and I have written one every day since 2006 (except for a few weeks in 2011 when I had a massive heart attack).
As of yesterday I had posted 4,041 blogs on https://tampabaptistchurch.blogspot.com/ and I have actually written more blogs than that but I wasn't able to post them all because there were times that I did not have access to the internet.
I use this simple acrostic S.O.A.P that I learned at a conference where a video was shown of Pastor Wayne Cordeiro sharing how he used this method to improve his daily Bible reading. This pastor continues to encourage his entire mega church to use this method of spiritual journaling.
Let me encourage you to use some kind of Bible reading plan so you will be able to have a consistent daily devotional time. You can 'google' Bible Gateway and you will find that they offer many different Bible reading plans for you to choose from.
Don't give up. Pick up your Bible, either in paper book form, or on your phone, or on your computer like I do, and start reading it every day.
Have a plan that you are going to follow and stick to the plan.
And may God open up your mind to all of the blessings that He has for you!
Application
I am looking forward to what I will read in God's Word tomorrow!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I can remember when I had a hard time reading Your Word consistently every day. I can remember when it seemed like a chore. I remember reading it because I thought I had to and not particularly because I wanted to. Of course, You remember that too. Thank You for changing the way I feel about spending time in Your Word. Today it is a joy. I can almost feel what the Psalmist felt when he wrote Psalm 119 … almost. Give me an even greater love for Your Word. Help me to have an appetite for Your Word and devour it like Job described when he said, “I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food.” Job 23:12
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 9,10,11; Luke 24



No comments: