Sunday, January 06, 2019

No – Sarah, Your Wife, Will Give Birth To A Son For You.


No – Sarah, Your Wife,
Will Give Birth
To A Son For You.
Scripture
Genesis 17
15 Then God said to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife—her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah. 

16 And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations. Kings of nations will be among her descendants.”

17 Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?” 18 So Abraham said to God, “May Ishmael live under your special blessing!”
19 But God replied, “No—Sarah, your wife, will give birth to a son for you. You will name him Isaac, and I will confirm my covenant with him and his descendants as an everlasting covenant. 
20 As for Ishmael, I will bless him also, just as you have asked. I will make him extremely fruitful and multiply his descendants. He will become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 
21 But my covenant will be confirmed with Isaac, who will be born to you and Sarah about this time next year.” 22 When God had finished speaking, he left Abraham.
Observation

No – Sarah your wife, ...”
The miracle that God wanted to do in Abraham's life was going to be through his wife Sarah and was not going to be through any other woman!
Even though Abraham had sex with Hagar, his wife's servant. and they had a child named Ishmael, God recognized only Sarah as Abraham's wife.
What a miracle God did through them. Abraham was 99 years old and Sarah was 90 years old when God told them that they were going to have a baby.
It caused them to both laugh in unbelief because they thought that they were way beyond child bearing years!
Here is what I thought as I read this: God wants to work miracles through Kathy and I! He wants to do great things through us! We may be getting older than dirt but we are not over the hill!
And I believe that He also wants to do great things through you and your spouse too!
God waited until Abraham was 99 and Sarah was 90 before they saw this miracle happen. So maybe God's greatest miracle in our lives is just around the corner. Our job is to remain faithful in our marriage so God can continue to use us.
So guys lets take good care of our wives. God is going to hold us accountable for how well we pamper them.
Application

I will guard my relationship with my wife.
How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving such a great wife. She is Your greatest gift to me other than my salvation. Bless her, Lord. Continue to use her in the lives of my children and grand children and in the lives of so many others. Help me to be a good husband to her. Help me to always be her best friend.

I pray for any man that may read this blog today. Help him to be a godly husband. Help him to love his wife. Work miracles through them, Lord, as they both put You first in their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 15,16,17; Luke 6



No comments: