Wednesday, January 23, 2019

You, God, Are My God, Earnestly I Seek You; I Thirst For You, My Whole Being Longs For You


You, God, Are My God,
Earnestly I Seek You;
I Thirst For You, My Whole Being Longs For You
Scripture
Psalm 63
1 You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
    and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Observation

Oh my goodness! Does this Psalm describe how you and I feel about God this morning? Did we wake up like King David full of praise? I can feel the emotion that David had as he penned this Psalm.

Wow! Wow! And Wow! Are you draggin', saggin', and baggin' this morning?

Take time to read Psalm 63 and let it sink deep down into your soul!

Let's not let the busyness of life and the concerns and worries of this life rob us of time alone with our Heavenly Father.

Lets slow down and read Psalm 63 as a prayer back to God.
Application
I will pray Psalm 63 back to my Heavenly Father this morning!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. (Psalm 63:1-8 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 6,7,8; Luke 23; I added: Psalm 43, Psalm 63; Proverbs 23



No comments: