Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Only Fools Say In Their Hearts, “There Is No God.”


Only Fools
Say In Their Hearts,
There Is No God.”
Scripture
Psalm 14
1 Only fools say in their hearts,
    “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil;
    not one of them does good!
Observation
There are at least two types of fools or nincompoops in this world that immediately come to my mind as I read Psalm 14:1 this morning: First, the person that says in his or her heart, “There is no God.” And second, the person who says that they believe in God, but then lives his or her life as though God does not exist. If either one of those two describe us, then my friend, you and I are fools.
The word 'fool' or 'foolish' is found 258 times in the Bible and Solomon wrote about 'fools' 83 times in the book of Proverbs.
So we are “idiots, halfwits, blockheads, ignoramuses, morons, and nincompoops”, if we disregard God's Word or if we disregard God.
By the way, in contrast to “fool”, the word “wise” is found 85 times in the book of Proverbs and a total of 248 in the Bible!
Proverbs 6:32
But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys himself.
Proverbs 18:2
Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.
Psalm 94:7-9
7 “The Lord isn’t looking,” they say, “and besides, the God of Israel doesn’t care.” 8 Think again, you fools! When will you finally catch on? 9 Is he deaf—the one who made your ears? Is he blind—the one who formed your eyes?
Proverbs 10:14
Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster.
Proverbs 12:15
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Application
I will ask God for wisdom.
How about you?
James 1:5
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that I will be wise today. Don't let me be a fool. Help me to read Your Word and help me to obey what Your Word says to me. Guard my heart. Guide and direct me. Give me understanding. Help me to obey everything I read in Your Word.

I pray for the sick today. I pray for healing. Give strength to those fighting cancer and strength for those with weak hearts. I pray for those who are having a difficult time in a relationship. Draw them close to You. Help them to put You first in their life today.

Don't let me be a fool by not trusting in You with what ever comes into my life today.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 23,24; Psalms 14; Acts 5



No comments: