Monday, January 21, 2019

The Lord Is More Pleased When We Do What Is Right And Just Than When We Offer Him Sacrifices.


The Lord
Is More Pleased When We Do What Is Right And Just
Than When We Offer Him Sacrifices.
Scripture
Psalm 51
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
    You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
Proverbs 21
3 The Lord is more pleased when we do what is right and just
    than when we offer him sacrifices.

Observation
I am so grateful for people like Orville and Linda Renner who co-lead our Celebrate Recovery ministry at our church.
I can't even begin to imagine how many people have been helped through the faithful leadership of this couple. They have been a huge encouragement to Kathy and I.
One of the things that I have heard this couple say as they help people with their hurts, hang-ups, and habits is this, “Just do the next right thing.”
Think about that for a minute. Let that sink in this morning!
Are you struggling? Are you tempted to do something that you know later you are going to regret? Are you trying to decide what to do? … Just do the next right thing.
The Lord is more pleased when we do what is right and just than when we offer him sacrifices.”
For you and I to say to the Lord, “Lord, show me the next right thing to do”... that takes having a broken and repentant heart.”
Application
I will ask the Lord to direct me today. I will ask Him to help me to do the next right thing!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know what You want from me. I know that You want me to have a broken and repentant heart. I know that You want to guide and direct me today. Help me have a willing heart to do what You want me to do. Don't let me direct my own life today. I want You to be in charge.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Bless them, Lord. Help them to do the next right thing. Don't let them go backwards today. Give them strength over any temptation that would mess them up. I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 1,2; Psalms 88; Luke 21; I added: Psalm 41, Psalm 51; Proverbs 21



No comments: