Sunday, January 20, 2019

With God's Help We Will Do Mighty Things

With God's Help
We
Will Do Mighty Things
Scripture
Psalm 60
12 With God’s help we will do mighty things,
    for he will trample down our foes.
Observation
There are two very important words in Psalm 60 that got my attention this
morning, the words God and We. At this very moment I am not feeling like a conqueror, but I know that with God and your help, we can together do mighty things.
I was never designed to go through life without your help and without God's help and you were not supposed to be a lone ranger either.
You and I, we need each other. Ecclesiastes 4:9 “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 12 … Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.”
In a few minutes I will be heading to church for worship and I look forward to seeing my brothers and sisters in Christ. Together, with God's help, we will do mighty things!
When you are down, when you are feeling blah, the worst thing that you can do is isolate yourself.
Don't stay home today … get to church!
Galatians 6:9-10
9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
Application
I look forward to being with my brothers and sisters in Christ today at
church.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know me. You know everything about me. You know my thoughts and my feelings. Help me to trust You during the emotionally low times in my life. Help me to keep my focus on You and on those around me who need to be encouraged and helped.
I pray today that You help me lift someone up who is going through a rough time. I know that is what You want me to do. I pray for my friends and family who are sick. I pray for healing. I pray for my friends who are struggling in their marriage or in a relationship. Help them, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 49,50; Psalms 8; Luke 20; I added: Psalm 20, Psalm 60; Proverbs 20


No comments: