Saturday, January 05, 2019

Follow Me And Be My Disciple.


Follow Me
And
Be My Disciple.
Scripture
Luke 6
27 Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. 
28 So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.
Observation
Jesus's call on your life and my life is to be His disciple 100% of the time. He has called us to follow Him.
If you and I are Christ followers, or we call ourselves Christ followers, but we are not following Christ, then we need to get ourselves turned back around and heading in the right direction!
And all of us, of course including me, sometimes need to be reminded, what it means to be a follower of Christ!
Levi (Matthew), a despised tax collector, was asked by Jesus to follow Him and be His disciple and immediately Matthew got up, left everything, and followed him. I want to be obedient like Matthew. How about you?
If we need to get ourselves back in church … lets do it. If we need to get back to reading the Bible and having a daily devotional time with the Lord every day … lets do it.
Lets not follow Christ at a distance … lets be obedient followers of Christ.
In this same chapter we find Simon Peter being asked by Jesus to launch his boat and throw out his net again one more time after Peter had fished all night without catching anything.
His response to Jesus' request needs to be our response to Jesus' calling on our lives, Peter said, “But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.”
Lets be obedient to whatever Jesus has told us to do!
Church participation, daily prayer and Bible reading is a good starting place!
Lets start this year out right! Plan now to be in church in the morning.
Lets make God smile!
Application
I will strive to be an obedient follower of Christ.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be able to say to You, “But if You say so”, when I am asked to do things that put me out of my comfort zone. So help me to do what You want me to do. Guide me today to do the things that are on Your heart. Show me who I need to pray for. Show me who I need to encourage. Don't let me miss an opportunity to be Your Hands and Your Feet. You are worthy of all praise. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 12,13,14; Luke 5



No comments: