Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Master, Master, We're Going To Die!


Master, Master,
We're
Going To Die!
Scripture
Luke 8
22 One day He and His disciples got into a boat, and He told them, “Let’s cross over to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, 

23 and as they were sailing He fell asleep. Then a fierce windstorm came down on the lake; they were being swamped and were in danger. 

24 They came and woke Him up, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to die!” Then He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waves. So they ceased, and there was a calm. 

25 He said to them, “Where is your faith?”

Observation
Water was coming into the boat. Many of the disciples were fisherman and they knew, or at least they thought they knew, that they were in very real danger of being drowned.
In the midst of this powerful storm they were aggravated to find that their leader was still sound asleep in the sinking boat. In Mark's account of this story the disciples shout out to Jesus, Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?”
This storm, this boat ride, was obviously meant to be a learning lesson for the disciples. And it is also meant to be a lesson for us too.
When Jesus Christ is with us, we don't have to worry about the storms of life. As Christians, we have the One who calms life's storms, not just in our boat, no, we have Him actually living inside of us.
Call out to Him right now and find peace in the middle of your storm!
Isaiah 43:2-3
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Romans 8
11 “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. ...”
Application
I will trust in the One who calms the seas as I go through the storms of life.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I go through deep waters, You will be with me. When I go through rivers of difficulty, I will not drown. When I walk through fire of oppression, I will not be burned up; the flames will not consume me. For You are the Lord, my God.
I pray for those who are sick. I pray for those who are going through rivers of difficulty right now. Show them that they can trust You in the middle of their storm. Give them Your supernatural peace that they cannot even explain.
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 20,21,22; Luke 8



No comments: