Friday, January 18, 2019

One Day Jesus Told His Disciples A Story To Show That They Should Always Pray And Never Give Up.


One Day Jesus Told His Disciples
A Story To Show
That They Should Always Pray And Never Give Up.
Scripture
Luke 18
 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. 
2 “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. 3 A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ 
4 The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, 5 but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge.7 Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night?
Observation
What are we praying about these days? Does it seem like to us that God is never going to answer our prayer? Are we weary? Are we discouraged?
This story is in the Bible to remind us that we are to always pray and we are to never give up!
Jesus told a similar story in Luke 11. And like this story, it was also a reminder for us to always pray and never give up. In Luke 11:9 Jesus said,  “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”
Kathy and I have been praying for our children since they were babies, no, actually we were praying for them before they were even born. We have been praying that all five of them would personally know God and that all five would serve the Lord with all of their heart, mind, and soul.
We will never stop praying for that to happen – never.
We are praying this prayer for our grandchildren too. Why? … Because we know that nothing is more important than our children and our grandchildren having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and living their lives for Him. Nothing!
I have to remind myself that all of us are a work in progress … all of us are in need of prayer. All of us need for someone to pray for us!
I believe that I know Jesus today because I had a Granny who prayed me. She must have prayed and prayed and prayed. She must have never given up.
Who are we praying for … please lets not quit!
Application
I will keep praying for my family. I will never give up!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that sometimes I get discouraged. You know that sometimes I feel that You may never answer my prayers about my children, their spouses and my grandchildren, but You also know that I am never going to give up praying for them. Nothing is more important for me to do than to lift them up in prayer.
So today I lift up my five children and my 13 grandchildren (I am including the one grandchild that is not yet born, but that is on the way!) I pray for the salvation of each one of them. Help them to believe in You and live for You. Help each one of them to live his or her life in a way that makes You smile. Please answer my prayer - soon!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 44,45,46; Luke 18



No comments: