Tuesday, January 15, 2019

This Made The Pharisees And Teachers Of Religious Law Complain That He Was Associating With Such Sinful People – Even Eating With Them!


This Made The Pharisees And Teachers Of Religious Law
Complain That He Was
Associating With Such Sinful People – Even Eating With Them!
Scripture
Luke 15
1 Tax collectors and other notorious sinners often came to listen to Jesus teach. 
2 This made the Pharisees and teachers of religious law complain that he was associating with such sinful people—even eating with them!
Observation
Criticism and being critical! Jesus was always being attacked and criticized by so called religious folks by what He did.
Ripping Christian leaders up, attacking them, making all kinds of ridiculous and twisted accusations against them, puts you, if you are doing that my friend, in the same boat as the people in Jesus' day known as the Pharisees.
If Jesus was walking this Earth today there would be people personally attacking Him because of the people that He hung out with and the way that He did ministry. Some things never change!
To the thankfully very few of you, who spend an enormous amount of time being critical of people (especially Christian leaders) on Facebook and probably on other social media too, may I ask this one question of you, “Is there any Christian leader that you admire and that you speak well of?”
May your focus if you are a follower of Christ and my focus as a fellow believer be on helping people know the Good News about Jesus Christ and not tearing down the body of Christ.
Lets spend our time building people up and encouraging them, not tearing them down.
Lets rejoice over the one sinner that repents and returns to God!
Sorry, if I have been too harsh …
1 Thessalonians 5
11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

12 Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. 
13 Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other.
Romans 14
18 If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. 19 So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.

Ephesians 4
29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Application

I will spend and invest my time looking for ways to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ, helping them to grow.
How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, guard my heart. I know how easy it is for me to look at others and begin to nit pick at how they are living the Christian life. It is so easy for me to find fault in everyone else. It is so easy for me to see the speck in the eye of someone else and miss the beam in my own. Give me Your heart and Your eyes for the people around me. Help me to love them the way You love them.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 37,38; Psalms 7; Luke 15; I added Psalm 35, Psalm 65; Proverbs 15



No comments: