Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Don't Hide From Your Servant; Answer Me Quickly, For I Am In Deep Trouble!


Don't Hide From Your Servant;
Answer Me Quickly,
For I Am In Deep Trouble!
Scripture
Psalm 69
17 Don’t hide from your servant;
    answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble!

Observation

When we think of King David, our first thoughts about him, are probably that he was the young lad who stood up against the giant Goliath and killed Goliath, only armed with a sling shot.
And yes, of course, we think of him as a valiant warrior. And God's description of King David was this, “He was a man after my own heart.” (Acts 13:22).
As I read the Psalms, like I did this morning, I find that David was also a man who was constantly crying to his God for help.
That is why, whenever I am going through a difficult time, I go to the Psalms. And I read Psalms like Psalm 69.
King David spent most of his life running from people trying to kill him. We tend to only think of King David in a palace, but he spent a lot of time hiding in caves and in the wilderness because King Saul or his son was trying to kill him.
When he wrote Psalm 69 he was in deep trouble! What did he do? He prayed!
When you and I find ourselves in deep trouble what should we do? … We should pray! Are you overwhelmed? … Then you should pray … Are you stressed out? … Then you should pray … Are you sick? … Then you should pray … Do you have relationship problems? … Yes … Then you should pray!
Psalm 9
9 The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

Application
In times of trouble I will go to the Lord in prayer. He is my refuge and my protection.
How about you?
James 5:13-15
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.


Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Your Word. It is gives me strength. It provides hope when things seem hopeless. You are my shelter. My refuge in times of trouble. I will trust in Your Name. I know that You will not abandoned me.
I pray for those who are struggling today. Speak to them through Your Word. Encourage them, Lord. Show them that they can trust in You. Hear their prayers and meet their needs!
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 23,24; Luke 9; I added: Psalm 9, Psalm 69: Proverbs 9



No comments: